10 Truths I learnt at my B School
Here are some of the truths I learnt the hard way...some of them nothing specific to B School life; somethings - may be because I acted so naive in some situations!
- Networking is not all about Hi and Bye
- There is not such thing as free lunch
- The world is competitive; you cannot escape from it!
- Watch out for opportunities; once missed; they are missed forever!
- MBA doesn't make you the senior executive you dreamt of overnight
- B School is really hyped sometimes :)
- B School is where you have all the licenses for inventing terms and jargons even for common sense :)
- A bluffer who can talk well will be lauded and the one with substance will be ignored if you are keeping it to yourself
- Carrot and Stick approach works well even in IIMs
- There can be utterly mediocre Professors even in the so called best B Schools in the world!