Time Power by Brian Tracy. Here is my summary:
Brian starts the book with usual motivational stuff to attract to the book & time management in general. He talks about the 3 myths or barriers to time management everyone may face:
1. It affects the naturalness and spontaneity (You will lead a mechanical life!)
2. Negative Mental Programming (I am like this by birth :) )
3. Self Limiting Beliefs (I don't have the ability!)
Brain continues the book by explaining some of the techniques you can use to be more effective and improve your performance like:
1. Use positive self talk
2. Visualize yourself as highly efficient
3. Act the part
4. Benchmark against the best (Have a role model)
5. Become a Teacher
6. Be a role model to others.
I liked the three Self Esteem Builders :
1. Determining Your Values
2. Striving for Mastery
3. Knowing What you Want
This book is full of good tips & tricks like:
Twelve Proven Principles for Peak Performance
The Seven Practices of Time Power
new habit pattern formation takes about 21 days of practice and repetitionSome of the tips that Brian Tracy explains in this book are:
- "Your ability to clearly and systematically create goals, and plans for their accomplishment, will help you more to achieve success and happiness than any other skill you could develop."
- How to achieve your goals faster & remove the obstacles.
I liked the four ideas for personal organization:
1. Neatness Is a Key Habit
2. Stand Back and Evaluate Yourself
3. Refuse to Make Excuses
4. Work from a Clean Desk
Further, Brian explains in detail how to set the priorities. Nice to see he also mentions the Pareto's Principle
Four Steps to High Productivity:
1. Set clear written goals & objectives
2. Develop detailed plan of action for aceiveing your goal
3. Set clear priorities
4. Concentrate single mindedly on important thing you can do to achieve your set goal
When you accept complete responsibility for achieving your goal, people will emerge to help you and guide you along the path to your success. But when you make excuses, blame others, and expect them to help you, they will ignore you and avoid you. When you look to yourself first, you are far more likely not only to be more successful, but to attract into your life the support of the people you need. If you look to other people to help you achieve your goals, you will almost always be disappointed.
to be continued....